2020 Spring Combo League
COMBO IS EXPANDING TO TWO WEEKENDS!!!
Weekend 1: May 1-3, Lakeway World of Tennis
Weekend 2: May 8-10, Courtyard Tennis Club
Combo League is for men and women ages 18 and over. Teams are organized by NTRP levels, with 3 doubles matches per team match. Team levels are structured to encourage partners of different levels to play together. Combo features 3 lines of doubles and we offer the following combined NTRP levels: 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5 and 9.5.
The skill levels per partnership are one half step above the traditional combined league levels. This encourages players of different levels to join together to take advantage of that extra half. For example, on a 7.5 team, the ideal partnership is a 4.0 with a 3.5, although it can be any combination that does not exceed 7.5. A combination of 3.5 and 3.5 would work.
Registration Opens: March 23, 2020
Event weekends: May 1-3, 2020, Lakeway and May 8-10, 2020, Courtyard
Registration Deadline/Initial Roster due: April 20, 2020
- Roster minimum is 6 players, maximum is 12 players
- Must be 18 years or older by December 31, 2020
- Each line cannot exceed 1.0 level between partners
- Players may play on multiple teams, of different levels, and must manage any conflicts
No schedule concessions will be made to accommodate players who choose to play multiple levels
- Must be USTA member to play
- Round Robin play
- Combo does not factor into your rating
Sectionals: October, Dallas
No advancement to nationals