Thank you for your interest in working for The Capital Area Tennis Association.
The following position is available (no phone calls please):
The Capital Area Tennis Association
Part Time Summer Internship
The Capital Area Tennis Association (CATA) office, located in Austin, TX, is a not-for-profit volunteer organization devoted to promoting and developing the growth of tennis in the greater Austin area. CATA is the “qualified” community tennis association (CTA) for the United States Tennis Association-Texas Section and serves the tennis community within a 50 mile footprint surrounding Austin.
Austin is located in the beautiful “Hill Country” of Texas, and is the fastest growing of the 50 largest US cities and the second largest state capital city in the United States. Well known as the “Live Music Capital of the World,” Austin is also home to numerous lakes, rivers, and waterways including Lady Bird Lake and the famous Barton Springs. The “clean-air-city” is also known as the “Silicon Hills” for the influx of high-tech corporations and Fortune 500 companies, but the slogan “Keep Austin Weird” helps to remind us to celebrate and protect the unique local vibe.
As an employer, CATA offers a flexible work environment and an inclusive workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. CATA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to age, race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression. CATA is especially interested in applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of all programs.
The Communication & Outreach (C & O) Assistant is a part-time, temporary summer position that works closely with the four departments in CATA (C & O, Leagues, Juniors, and Administration) to meet their mission of supporting and growing tennis participation in Austin. The assistant will work on key projects to enable this mission, while simultaneously gaining skills and knowledge in the tennis industry. The assistant will work under the supervision of the Director of Communication & Outreach and will also collaborate with other departments, stakeholders, and board members. The length of this position depends on the applicant’s schedule, and is based on available funding.
CATA’s Home Page: https://www.austintennis.org/
Job call in pdf: JobCall_p-t_Summer2018
- Marketing and communication
- Website training and support
- Database management and support
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Event support
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communication, marketing, business, athletic training, or a related field, an earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with WordPress, TDM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience conducting research
- Proficient in Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of CATA, community tennis associations, and/or the nonprofit sector
- Ability to successfully work with volunteers and follow non-profit systems of operations
- Interest in diversity and inclusion
- Strong attention to detail
- Task-oriented and problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a “team-first” mentality
- Ability to learn additional software as needed
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
- $12 per hour, up to 20 hours a week (max $2500)
- Mileage and work-related expenses reimbursed
- Position begins mid-May and ends mid-August
- Personal interview
Application Close Date: April 30, 2018
To apply, please send cover letter/letter of application, resume, how you heard about the opening (website, word of mouth, etc.), and a list of two references (including current contact information) to Elizabeth Hanson Smith, Director of Communication & Outreach, The Capital Area Tennis Association, 5511 Parkcrest Drive, Suite 104, Austin, TX 78731 or email: [email protected]